The Kingdom Triad:
- Enemy’s, which God allows for a short time
- God’s, in which He placed Christ as King
- Our’s, which we were given at creation (SUNDAY)
A) The Kingdom Triad: The Enemies Kingdom
- We Have An Enemy
Eph. 6:12; Isaiah 14:12-20; Ezekiel 28:11-19; Luke 10:18
Scriptural definition of the enemy:
The New Testament term “the devil,” means “slanderer” or “false accuser.”
“Satan” (Job 1:6) Means adversary, opponent, the hater, the accuser, enemy, one who resists, obstructs, and hinders whatever is good. Not a name but rather a description of character.
“the tempter” (1 Thess. 3:5) “Beelzebub” (Matt. 12:24)
“the wicked one” (Matt. 13:19, 38) “the ruler of this world” (John 12:31)
“the god of this age” (2 Cor. 4:4) “Belial” (2 Cor. 6:15)
“the prince of the power of the air” (Eph. 2:2) “the accuser of our brethren” (Rev. 12:10)
- He Hates Us
John 10:10a; 1 Peter 5:8; Luke 22:31; Revelation 12:3-4
III. We Are Living In His World
Matthew 4:1-11; John 14:13;1 John 5: 19; 2 Corinthians 11: 14; John 12:31; 2 Corinthians 4:4
FALL OF MAN Romans 5:12-19
1 John 4:4
4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
B..) The Kingdom Triad: The LORD’s Kingdom…in which He placed Christ as King.
- WHAT is the Kingdom of God? We gain access through Salvation: Colossians 1:13
Isaiah 2:4; Isaiah 11:6-11; Matthew 4:17, 5:20, 7:21, 13:11, 6:10; Luke 22:24-30; Matthew 25:31,34;
Romans 14:17; Colossians 1:13; Luke 17:20,21; 2 Peter 1:11; Matthew 8;11; Matthew 12:41,43;
Psalm 103:19; Psalm 145:11; Psalm 145:13; Daniel 2:37;
*Luke 19:11-27 (Parable of the ten minas, reap what you did not sow, ten minas)
Mark 10:15; Matthew 6:33; Matt. 10:5-8; Matt. 28:18; Luke 22:29;
John 17:15; John 14:23; John 14:12; 1 Jn 5:12; Ephesians 3:10-11 ; Matthew 28:18-20; Matt 18:18; John 20:21;
Luke 9:1-6 & 10:1-20; Luke 22:24-30; Ephesians 2:19-22
III. UTILIZING THE ARMOR OF GOD Ephesians 6:10-18
1) Belt of Truth buckled around your waist. Truth protects you and is a weapon.
(John 8:32 “Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” 36 “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”). Input truth and know when you are being fed a lie and reject the lie. “It is a lie!”
2) The Breastplate of Righteousness in place.(Eph. 6:14)
Obedience 1 Samuel 15:22
Repentance 1 John 1:9
3) Your feet fitted with the readiness(Preparation) that comes from the Gospel of Peace (Eph. 6:15)
Evangelism Matt. 28:19, 20
4) Take up the Shield of Faith [confidence, belief, trust, reliance. DO IT AFRAID.
Does Faith stop the flaming arrows? NO. It extinguishes them.
5) Take the Helmet of Salvation (Eph. 6:17):
1 John 5:11–13 “
6) Take the Sword of the Spirit (Eph. 6:17):
The Word of God, the only offensive weapon in this armor, was used by the Lord Jesus against Satan (Luke 4:1–13). The living Word is powerful, effective, and instructive
Heb. 4:12; 2 Tim. 3:16, 17
7) Praying Always (Eph. 6:18):
The Power of Yield
Navigating Within Your Kingdom
You Own a Kingdom…how are you yielding it?
A.) Understanding Our Kingdom
Freewill: Genesis 2:8-9, 15-17; John 14:15
B.)Navigating That Kingdom
We are ETERNAL Spiritual Beings having this PRESENT physical experience
Given control of our own kingdom…we get to choose to whom we yield it.
FIVE Sources of Influence
1.) God/Christ Colossians 1:15-20
2.) The Enemy 1 John 5:19; Revelation 12:7-9; Isaiah 14:12-15
3.) Evil People Proverbs 21: 10
4.) Life Matthew 5:45
5.) Own Choices Joshua 24:15; James 1:22
C.)Using Our Yield…Intentionally – Purposefully
What does Yield do? Gives right-of-way.
1.) To God Ephesians 4:22-24; 1 Timothy 4:7-8
- I will not obsess about my old life: feeling lesser than or in old desires to engage in things that hurt Christ.
- I will do things that Christ did.
- I will repent when I have sinned.
- I will invest in my relationship w/Christ so I can fall more in love.
- I will make the choice on how to act by the illuminating light of scripture. (removing emotions from decision making.)
2.) To the Enemy 2 Corinthians 11:14; James 4:7; 1 Corinthians 5:6-8; 1 John 4:4
- This is not wrong.
- It’s really not that bad.
- No one will know.
- I’m only going to try it.
- Why R U getting your undies in a wad, it’s not that big of a deal.
- GAME Yield Statements:
3.) To Evil People
Two Sources of Evil: Ones you know or One who abuse you
Galatians 5:19-21; 1 Corinthians 15:33; John 7:24
Yield statement: (Two ways to yield here)
Lie to yourself that it is not so bad and follow the evil. Everyone is doing it. Just normal.
OR Believe abuse is your fault (which is a liel; Do not accept this lie.)
4.) To Life Matthew 5:45b
(Life happens…do you believe this or is everything at God’s hand…with you earning or deserving it all?)
- “Why me, Lord? I’m a Christian.”
- “I must have sin in my life!”
- God is not powerful or real or this would not have happened.
We are not exempt from life because we love Christ.
Can you deal with God’s sovereignty? Which means: Do I trust Him? Isaiah 41:13
5.) To Own Choices Galatians 5: 13; John 9:31; Hebrews 5:14; 2 Peter 1:3-11
“Just this once.”
“It is no big deal.”
Every choice produces a consequence…..“You are what you repeatedly do.” Aristotle
You take on the form of whom you worship. Richard Foster
So how are you yielding to the forces of influence in your life?
“For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.”
2 Chronicles 16:9